Saturday, August 14, 2010

So far behind....

It doesn't seem like a whole lot has happened the last month, I know a MONTH! Let's see here. Where to start?! Well, right at a month ago my friend Kelly came down with her then fiance (now husband) and their families and got married on the beach at Crandon Park (I was a bridesmaid!), and it was absolutely beautiful! It was so good to see her b/c I'm afraid it's been almost 2 years since we've hung out. That 1300 miles thing really does put a damper on stuff. We had a great time hanging out with her and Kevin and meeting their families! What was so great is Kelly's family is from AR, and they reminded me a lot of my family. It was nice to have some home-grown Southerns (Arkansans, even!) here in South Florida! It really made us feel like home. Also, I acquired a new buddy, Kelly's 4 year-old niece Charlie, after I shared my mashed potatoes from KFC with her. Their wedding made me realize that my 2nd wedding (to Seth of course!) will be on the beach. It was so lovely!



After Kelly and Kevin went back home, Momma and Michael and Seth's family (Tom, Cheryl, Amber, Jamie and girls, Rachel and Aaron, and Camryn) came down for summer vacation. At first I was worried about both our families being here at the same time b/c I wanted to make sure we spent adequate time with everyone and no one felt left out, but I have no idea why I was worried. It was perfect! We all hung out like one big family, which we are, and we were so sad to see everyone go back home. We did a whole lot of hanging out on the beach working on becoming as brown as possible, the guys, minus Aaron, played a round of golf in the 1 million degree heat and humidity, Tom went out with hot pink toenails, courtesy of Cami, and we celebrated Nadia's birthday in style by going on an airboat tour through the Everglades. Crazy kid...wanting to see alligators! I must admit, it was kinda neat seeing those nasty suckers out in their natural habitat, but I really enjoyed riding in the boat! It's amazing how those things work! They glide right over the water, even if it's only a couple inches deep. AND there is so much grass out there that you can't even see what's up ahead, but the driver just plowed on through it. I was scared to death we'd hit a log or a gator and flip that thing end over end. I'd have a heart attack for sure! After the tour of the Everglades, we got to see a bunch of captive gators and crocodiles, and then who ever wanted to got to hold a baby alligator. I was brave enough to pet its belly, which was surprisingly soft. No wonder folks make so many shoes and bags of alligator skin! I know, I know...bad Meg.

During the time the families were in, the Sethie Poo started classes at University of Miami. My baby boy is growing up! haha Honestly, though...I'm so proud of him. He works so hard at what he does, and I don't think he gets nearly enough recognition. Then again, I'm slightly biased and think he's the best thing since red high-heeled shoes. He had his first exam a week ago today, and what do you know...he made a 100! Can you believe that?! Who does that in grad school? Seth, that's who!

I have also started back to school, much to my dismay. I have my first exam in a week and a half, and I'm already trying to put in 3-4 study hours a day, plus class. I swear it's worse than a full-time job! At least with work you can come home and forget about it at the end of the day. Not with school. You come home just to deal with it some more! Oh well, it is what I signed up for! Who knows...maybe in 10 years I'll miss school. haha Yeah right!

Today we had a really great day! The optometry program at NOVA threw a back to school bash at the beach with lots of food, ice cream, drinks, and a volleyball tournament. We had such a good time just hanging out and relaxing with my classmates. Plus, the color we acquired while we were down there is none too shabby either! Then, we went to Cinebistro down in Miami to watch "The Other Guys" which was freaking hilarious! Classic Will Ferrell! We laughed soooo hard! For those of you who don't know, Cinebistro is an upscale movie theater with huge leather seats with reserved seating, and they serve dinner and drinks during the movie. We had a really good time, and the food was surprisingly good! What was even better is it wasn't ridiculously over-priced, which is the name of the game for all things Miami.

No comments: