Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Not a whole lot has been going on with us this past week or so. Saturday we attempted to go to the Flugtag in Miami, which means "flight day" in German. Big time fail. Apparently when something is a "free" event, everyone, and I mean everyone, comes out! The first flight wasn't scheduled until 1:00 that afternoon, so we thought getting there around 11 or so would be okay. Boy, were we wrong! There were sooo many people there! We tried meeting some of my classmates, but it was beyond packed. After I had my foot ran over by a baby stroller and a man about knock me over, I told Seth it was past time to go! Not to mention it was a billion degrees outside! By the time we walked the 80 miles back to the car (and praise Jesus for air conditioning!), we were soaking wet with sweat and fed up with people. I know, go ahead and say it...we're old. We never could hang with the youngsters! We decided an early lunch and some rentals from Blockbuster was the better idea for us!

I suppose this week has been so laid-back for us b/c I've been under the weather. I thought coming back to the Sunshine State would heal me of the allergy issues I'd been dealing with back home. I do actually think my allergies are better, but now I'm battling sinus problems. I have a dr's appointment on Thursday, so hopefully she can get me back on my A-game!

We do have quite a few festivities planned for the near future, though! Part of the reason I need to be well! My friend Kelly is coming down in just 2 days b/c she is getting married on the beach Saturday, and I'm a bridesmaid in the wedding. I guess if worse comes to worst (is that even how that saying goes?!) I can attempt to hide a few tissues in my bouquet. Then, on the 21st our families start to arrive! I'm so excited to spend some quality fun in the sun time with my mom and Michael and Mallory and Seth's family. I know we'll have a blast! Plus, Seth and I really need to enjoy our time off b/c he starts school on the 24th, and I go back the 2nd. Yay for both of us being in grad school and having excess amounts of student loans! haha j/k about the student loans part. There's really no fun in that!

Oh, totally random note here...I'm going to throw it out there, and those of you who know my meat phobia, be ready to be in for a surprise. I came to this realization today, and for me, it's huge. I just had to share it with my 2.5 readers out there. It's official....I love hotdogs. I've been lying to myself for a really long time now. I've always liked hotdogs, I reckon, just not the thought of what they are. That part really grossed me out. I've concluded, however, it's okay to eat the all-beef or all-turkey ones. And only if they're burned black. I even tried to make myself eat the all-vegetarian ones, and those basically taste like crap. Ask Jenn, she can vouch for me. Straight up nastiness. Gotta go with the real deal on this one. Just thought I'd share that. By the way, I had a hotdog today, and it was good.

See, look at all those ways you can enjoy a hotdog! :)

Sorry for all the typos and grammar errors. This head funk makes it hard to read, so proofreading basically didn't happen tonight.

No comments: