Sunday, October 10, 2010

Title-less

Nothing new really has been going on with us b/c basically we're the most boring couple ever. The past couple weeks have just been a time to slightly recover from the onslaught of exams I had (4 in 9 days) and start preparing for the next round, which starts next Monday (3 in 7 days). Gotta love Optometry school!

Last Saturday Seth and I had date night with our friends, Jennifer and Claudio Gonzales. We met them down at Hollywood Beach at a Greek restaurant called Taverna Opa. Soooo much fun! Not only was the food a-mazing, but they have a belly dancer who gets up on the tables and dances. It was so cute when she got two little boys under the age of 7 up there to dance with her! What I found to be even more entertaining was the Greek men (waiters) who got up on the tables and danced. Holy cow! I wish I could shake my hips like that! Believe me, I tried! I came home and stood in front of my mirror and tried to imitate them...not quite as pretty and easy as they made it look! Seth tried too, which was REALLY funny! I told him if I had a belly dancer outfit complete with little bells or whatever it was she had around her hips I'd be better!

The following day Seth and I completed our new members classes at the church we've been attending since late March. During the service, we officially joined, which is pretty exciting! They have a website if anyone is interested in checking it out! It's www.newlifeindavie.com. Of course we miss our home church back in AR, but we've really been enjoying worshipping there. We've made some really good friends, and we feel like we've been learning a lot!

So something exciting is going on in the Sethie Poo's life right now! He is a die-hard Texas Rangers fan, and they are back in the playoffs for the first time in 11 years! They play the final game against the Tampa Bay Rays Tuesday, and if they win, they advance to the the American League Championship series against the NY Yankees. If they win that series, they go to the World Series! We've gotta get past those Rays, first! Come on Rangers!!!

Today has been a bit of a relaxing day. We got up and went to church, had some lunch at Wendy's (for those you who know I don't eat fast food meat, don't worry...I had a baked potato!), then went to the beach for a quick trip b/c my cousin Jessica told me her little boy Austin is collecting sea shells. We filled him a ziplock back about 3/4 of the way full of shells (sadly couldn't find him any big ones), pieces of coral and cool rocks. After our beach run, I came home and took a nap, and now I'm taking a break from Optics homework to post this. :)

Next week is going to be a great week! Momma, I'm comin' home! We're flying out of Orlando Thursday b/c Paige is getting married in Bentonville on Saturday! So exciting!!! I'll definitely be posting some pictures in my next blog! Also, I'm meeting with a realtor on Thursday in order to get Dad's place put on the market. It's time to do something with it, and with the money I get, we plan to buy a piece of land (at some point) in NWA where we'll build our future home.

Okay, I think this is enough for now! Thank you to my 4 readers out there who follow what's going on in our lives! :)

Much love,

Meg and Seth

No comments: