Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend Fun

Although it's after 2 am here, I'm up posting a new blog. I know I should be in bed, but since I'm not in class my bedtime has gotten significantly later! Like I said in my last post, I'm going to try to be better at this. Plus, I actually have something mildly interesting to write about tonight. Well, to me anyway. :)

Seth and I had a very nice weekend! Friday I went to the beach while he worked (poor Sethie Poo having to support his beach bum wife!), and it was incredibly hot! According to the weather channel, it was only 87, but with the humidity, lack of a breeze, and no clouds, it felt like 94. I don't prefer getting my hair wet in the ocean since the salt water isn't exactly good for it, but I made an exception Friday!

Saturday was a milestone for the Seth--he turned the big 2-5! I tease him that he is now officially an old man; he's 1/4 of a century! I, however, am still young for the next 9 days! We both slept in, and while he was in the shower I made him breakfast of pancakes, bacon, eggs, and vegetarian sausage. After breakfast, he went to Dania Beach Poker Room and Jai Lai to play some poker. Keep in mind he plays online about every night, but this is the first time he's played in person since we've been down here. He didn't do as well as he'd hoped, but he had fun. Once he got home, we loaded up the golf clubs and went to the driving range to hit some range balls. I tried a couple of times, and I was absolutely terrible. Seth, on the other hand, looked like a pro! Well, to me anyway! He even admitted he hit them better than normal. What can I say? I guess I'm just his good luck charm. ;) From the driving range we ventured to the batting cages for a little softball action, which was more my style. I haven't held a bat since the 8th grade or so, but the hubs was impressed. Not that I can hit far by any means, but that I made contact with the ball! haha I'm not quite sure what he expected from me! Sadly enough, I am unbelievably sore today, and I have a pretty blood blister on my hand to show for it. After our stint at the driving range and batting cages, we came home and cooked dinner. I'm not gonna lie...when Seth and I choose to, we can be pretty dang good cooks! What can I say, we've had excellent teachers! We had a very colorful dinner of chicken kabobs with onions and bell peppers, baked squash, baked potatoes, salad, and marinated cucumbers and tomatoes. The best part, however, was the Snickers ice cream cake. I'm sorry all y'all missed out on that one; however, it leaves more for me and Seth! :)

I can't finish this post without a shout-out to all our mommas and grandmas! Happy Mother's Day! We are so very lucky to have you wonderful ladies in our lives! You have certainly given us all the love and encouragement two kids could ever ask for! We are very very thankful, indeed! We celebrated your honor today by going to the beach and enjoying the hot temps but amazingly clear, beautiful ocean for you today! Seriously, we thought about y'all the entire time we were there. Okay, maybe not the ENTIRE time, but we really did wish you were there to spend some quality fun in the sun with us.

Okay, I have to wrap this up and get into bed. I have a barking TĂ­zziana under the covers, and she won't hush until I get in there and snuggle her correctly. Her daddy just doesn't do it right!

1 comment:

Seth and Meg said...

Just trying to see if the comment box works...per Jarod. :)